10 Fast Facts About Document ManagementLuis S. Martínez M.
By Luis S. Martinez M.
Nowadays, the paperwork could cause a real pain in our daily business operation. As an IT professional, user or customer, in every role we have to perform everyday, the paperwork really turns tedious. For example, if we go to a Doctor appointment for the first time, how many documents/forms do you have to fill out just to be checked in???. Another clear example is, if you have kids in the school. Everyday receiving information, forms, documents, paperwork, all this stuff in printed paper!!!!. In some cases i got crazy with this and honestly don’t have physical space to store all this documents. How many time do we spend with this simple paperwork tasks??.
From the business side, the document management could be a real problem if it’s not managed correctly or at least using tools or solutions to decrease number of documents flows. We all need to reduce this kind of tasks to save money, time, and PATIENCE, believe me over the money my first one is the patience.
I want to show you some statistics about document management:
1. Companies spend $20 in labor to file a document, $120 in labor to find a misfiled document, and $220 in labor to reproduce a lost document.
2. 7.5 percent of all documents get lost; 3 percent of the remainder get misfiled.
3. Professionals spend 5 – 15 percent of their time reading information, but up to 50 percent looking for it.
4. The average document photocopied 19 times.
5. There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the U.S. alone and they are growing at a rate of 22% per year (PriceWaterhouseCoopers).
6. Corporate users received an average of 18 megabytes (MB) of e-mail per day in 2007; E-mail is expected to grow to over 28 MB per day by 2011.
7. Users send and receive an average of 133 e-mail messages per day (Radicati Group).
8. A single FAX machine costs $6,200 per year (Captaris); the average time to manually FAX a document is 8 minutes.
9. The average cost to send a package via courier service is between $8 and $15.
10. The cost of office space has increased 19% (Office Space Across the World 2008).
As i hope, maybe you want too be happy with not to fill out a lot of papers in the doctor’s office, or not to receive to much papers from the school, so think about it, simple management cause simple life….
This is the first publication on my entire life and i’m really happy if you are in this line of the post!!!
See you in my next article…
Luis S. Martinez. – CEO Enterprise Business integration Technologies, INC. www.ebit.business